Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, home of the World Series of Poker, offers guests a unique all-suite hotel experience. Complete with 2,522 all-suite hotel rooms – including 380 newly designed Samba suites – the property overlooks the famous Las Vegas Strip and sits one block west of the famed boulevard. The resort features a variety of entertainment options including headliners Penn & Teller, the world-famous Chippendales and Crown Theater. Rio is home to a diverse array of dining and nightlife experiences including, the famous Martorano’s, Voodoo Steak, KJ Dim Sum & Seafood, iBar and VooDoo Beach. Rio also offers the Rio Secco Golf Club. Recognized by USA Today as one of the “Top 10 Golf Destinations in the World,” Rio Secco Golf Club is an 18-hole championship course designed by famed architect Rees Jones and home to the Butch Harmon School of Golf. For more information, please visit www.riolasvegas.com.
The Cook is responsible for preparing recipes and food items in accordance with the Executive Chef’s requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare, sautés, broiled, fried, baked and grilled food items in accordance to kitchen needs.
· Perform various job duties that will include operation of grill, fryer, broiler, oven and French top in accordance with kitchen needs.
· Perform preliminary preparation work in a timely manner.
· Ensures ingredient supply levels are accurate.
· Move items from shelves to carts and transport to assigned stations for restocking purposes.
· Maintains the required par of food items in their assigned station from support areas throughout the property.
· Understand proper safety and health codes and regulations and maintain them regularly.
· Ensure all areas assigned are clean and free of debris
· To assist with any other job related duties that may be assigned.
· Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
· Work requires a minimum of one year experience as a cook.
· Work requires ability to work from a standing position for extended periods of time.
· Work requires a neat appearance with good personal hygiene.Qualifications:
WOK Cooks are responsible for the preparation of Asian recipes and food items. This includes batch, a la minute, and line cooking. They also maintain the general cleanliness of the various cook stations throughout the kitchen. They are to be organized, precise, and able to follow direction with flexibility based on production demands.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.